Medical News, Journals & Upcoming Events
- Long-Term Cardiovascular Effects of Medications for ADHD—Balancing Benefits and Risks of Treatment November 22, 2023Will this medication have negative effects in the short and long term?
- ADHD Medications and Long-Term Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases November 22, 2023This nested case-control study examines the association between long-term use of medications to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Socioeconomic Position and the Association Between Mental Disorders and Mortality November 15, 2023This systematic review and meta-analysis explores the potential role of socioeconomic position in the association between mental disorders and mortality as well as the association between socioeconomic position and mortality among individuals with mental disorders.
- Written Exposure Therapy vs Prolonged Exposure Therapy in the Treatment of PTSD November 1, 2023This randomized clinical trial compares treatment outcomes for written exposure therapy and prolonged exposure therapy among veterans diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Transition to Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder Following ED Visits Due to Substance Use With and Without Psychosis November 1, 2023This cohort study examines the risk of developing schizophrenia spectrum disorder following an emergency department (ED) visit caused by substance use with and without psychosis.
- Durvalumab Plus Concurrent Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Non–Small Cell Lung Cancer November 1, 2023This single-arm, phase 2 nonrandomized controlled trial assesses the efficacy and safety of durvalumab with concurrent radiotherapy followed by durvalumab for treatment of patients with unresectable, locally advanced non–small cell lung cancer.
- Patient-Centered End Points and Equity in BCG-Unresponsive NMIBC November 1, 2023This Viewpoint encourages investigators to move beyond FDA guidance toward patient-centered therapies and health equity for BCG-unresponsive bladder cancer.
- Remotely Delivered Cancer Genetic Testing November 1, 2023This randomized clinical trial evaluates whether eliminating pretest and/or posttest counseling for home-delivered cancer risk assessment is noninferior with regard to participant distress.
- Biomarker Analysis of Vistusertib Plus Paclitaxel Regimen November 1, 2023To the Editor The OCTOPUS randomized clinical trial recently reported in JAMA Oncology by Banerjee et al compared the combination of weekly paclitaxel plus vistusertib (wP+V) vs paclitaxel monotherapy in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian high-grade serous carcinoma (PR-HGSC). A progression-free survival (PFS) improvement from wP+V was predicted for patients with low tumor cell phosphatase and […]
To receive information about upcoming events and the latest CE Activities, join our network.