Medical News, Journals & Upcoming Events
- Variations in Suicide Risk and Risk Factors After Hospitalization for Depression in Finland, 1996-2017 February 14, 2024This cohort study examines the absolute risk and risk factors for suicide in hospitalized patients with depression starting from the first days after discharge up to 2 years and evaluates whether the size of relative risk by factor displays temporal patterns over consecutive phases of follow-up.
- Sex-Specific Pathways From Prenatal Maternal Inflammation to Adolescent Depressive Symptoms February 7, 2024This cohort study evaluates associations between maternal inflammatory biomarkers in pregnancy and depressive symptoms in their offspring.
- Population Salutogenesis February 1, 2024This Viewpoint discusses the potential of salutogenesis, or emphasis on health- and wellness-promoting practices, as a public health approach to mitigate increasing levels of mental illness and distress.
- ADHD Medications and Long-Term Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases February 1, 2024This nested case-control study examines the association between long-term use of medications to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Associations of the Gut Microbiome With Treatment Resistance in Schizophrenia January 31, 2024This case-control study evaluates associations between the gut microbiome and treatment resistance in individuals with schizophrenia, adjusting for demographic and lifestyle factors.
- Atezolizumab in Combination With Carboplatin In Metastatic TNBC February 1, 2024This randomized clinical trial examines the efficacy of adding atezolizumab to treatment with carboplatin in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), and the clinical or molecular correlates associated with disease response.
- Searching Beyond Programmed Cell Death Ligand 1 in Metastatic Breast Cancer February 1, 2024Despite great advances in breast cancer outcomes during the last decade, the benefit of immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) remains limited to a select population of patients with triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). Monotherapy ICIs have a limited role in breast cancer, with only tissue-agnostic indications, but combination ICI with chemotherapy is more successful with indications in […]
- Pembrolizumab or Placebo Plus Chemotherapy With or Without Bevacizumab for Cervical Cancer February 1, 2024This randomized clinical trial evaluates the efficacy and safety of adding pembrolizumab to platinum-based chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab in women with cervical carcinoma that was not amenable to curative treatment.
- Neoadjuvant Pembrolizumab and Carboplatin Plus Docetaxel in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer February 1, 2024This open-label phase 2 randomized clinical trial evaluates the clinical effects and biomarker findings of treatment with neoadjuvant pembrolizumab and carboplatin plus docetaxel in patients with triple-negative breast cancer.
To receive information about upcoming events and the latest CE Activities, join our network.