Medical News, Journals & Upcoming Events
Most Read Psychiatry Articles on JAMA Network
- Effectiveness of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy vs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Self-help for Depression March 22, 2023This randomized clinical trial evaluates whether practitioner-supported mindfulness-based cognitive therapy self-help is superior to practitioner-supported cognitive behavioral therapy self-help at reducing depressive symptom severity at 16 weeks postrandomization among patients with mild to moderate depression.
- Success Rates in Psychiatry March 22, 2023This Viewpoint examines the scarcity of psychiatric success rate trend data and discusses what can be done about it.
- Recommendation for Cannabis Use Disorder Diagnosis in a Context of Cannabis for Therapeutic Purposes March 15, 2023This Viewpoint proposes a model of cannabis use disorder diagnosis in the context of cannabis for therapeutic purposes that is based on DSM-5 model of diagnosing substance use disorder in the context of prescribed medication use
- Studying Healthy Psychosislike Experiences to Improve Illness Prediction March 8, 2023This Special Communication discusses the potential for individuals with unusual beliefs and experiences to provide adversarial examples in generative modeling approaches to understanding delusions and hallucinations in psychotic illness.
- Prevalence of Perinatal Depression in Low- and Middle-Income Countries March 8, 2023This systematic review and meta-analysis assesses the prevalence of depression among individuals living in low- and middle-income countries during pregnancy and up 1 year post partum.
JAMA Oncology Current Issue
- MRI-Guided vs CT-Guided Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Patients With Prostate Cancer March 1, 2023This randomized clinical trial assesses genitourinary toxic effects after magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)–guided vs computed tomography (CT)–guided stereotactic body radiotherapy for prostate cancer.
- Adjuvant Therapy for Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma March 1, 2023Several randomized trials have established that the use of systemic chemotherapy in the multimodality treatment of patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) is associated with a substantial survival benefit. Recently, the PRODIGE trial demonstrated the superiority of modified FOLFIRINOX over single-agent gemcitabine as adjuvant therapy after pancreatectomy. National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines currently recommend multiagent […]
- First-line Immunotherapy and Clinically Meaningful Survival Benefits for Older Adults With Lung Cancer March 1, 2023The adoption of immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) over the past decade has drastically changed the treatment paradigm of non–small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The novel discovery of inhibiting the programmed cell death (PD) pathway has resulted in improved survival and treatment tolerance compared with chemotherapy. In 2015, the PD-1 inhibitor nivolumab became the first US […]
- COVID-19 Breakthrough Infections and Complications in Vaccinated Patients With Cancer March 1, 2023This cohort study assesses the association of COVID-19 vaccination with breakthrough infections and complications in patients with cancer compared with noncancer controls.
To receive information about upcoming events and the latest CE Activities, join our network.